These pancakes really are so simple to make and can be used as a good on the go breakfast in the morning as well. I often eat quite habitually with breakfast and have about 3-4 different options that I have with this one being one of those go to dishes. You can eat them on their own or with just some butter or nut butter on top. If you are able to tolerate them then adding some berries on top also makes a good addition.
- 1 eggs
- ½ a scoop of whey protein powder
- 30g butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp coconut oil for cooking
- Optional toppings: berries, nut butters, cream or yoghurt
Instructions: Makes 4
- Whisk the eggs together and add in the protein powder and butter.
- Mix together until it is well combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and ladle a spoonful of the mixture into the middle of the hot pan.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on one side, keep the pan moving so it does not stick.
- Turn the pancake over and cook on the other side for a further 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a nut butter and strawberries or any other low sugar fruit. They are best served warm but they can also be eaten cold aswell and make a really good snack.